About Me

My photo
I am a freelance writer. I've covered the Cincinnati Reds, Bengals and others since 1992. I have a background in sales as well. I've sold consumer electronics, advertising and consumer package goods for companies ranging from the now defunct Circuit City to Procter&Gamble. I have worked as a stats operator for Xavier University, the University of Cincinnati, the College of Mount St. Joe and Colerain High School.

Friday, February 27, 2015

Homer Bailey Throws Off The Mound For The First Time Since August




http://donatelifeohio.org/



Homer Bailey hasn't thrown from a mound since August until Friday.

The author of two no-hitters threw 20 pitches which left him feeling better about his prospects for the season.

"I was looking forward to it actually," Bailey said after the first of four sessions.  "Even in the off-season playing catch and stuff and you watch guys do bullpens, in your mind you think you can still do it or even getting a brace off for the first time you feel like you can get back on the mound and throw.  It isn't the case. It's kind of really, rewarding."

Clik link below for video

http://youtu.be/Lyff0QVhxHE

He had a couple pitches that were 100 percent but not all.

http://www.wiedemannbeer.com/

"A couple came out of my hand pretty good, but I'm not going to say I 100 percent got after it," Bailey said.  "All things considered it went pretty well.  I only threw 20 pitches so I couldn't have walked that many guys."

Bailey didn't experience any pain.

"It was kind of free and easy," Bailey said.  "The next couple of steps will be the true test.  We can see how it bounces back.  We will see how it goes when the numbers add up."

No comments:

Post a Comment