About Me

My photo
I am a freelance writer. I've covered the Cincinnati Reds, Bengals and others since 1992. I have a background in sales as well. I've sold consumer electronics, advertising and consumer package goods for companies ranging from the now defunct Circuit City to Procter&Gamble. I have worked as a stats operator for Xavier University, the University of Cincinnati, the College of Mount St. Joe and Colerain High School.

Saturday, May 23, 2015

Bryan Price Was Ejected Before The First Pitch






Reds' manager Bryan Price was ejected by secondbase umpire and crew chief Jim Reynolds before the first pitch on Saturday before the 4:10 game with the Cleveland Indians.
Price ejection captured by Kevin Goheen

http://www.wiedemannbeer.com/
Price and Reynolds had an animated discussion at home plate during the exchange of lineup cards.



It was the fourth career ejection and the second of the season for Price.  Price was also ejected by Joe West earlier this season for delay of game when he Price contended that the umpires review a play without using a challenge.


http://pro-ball.com/
"It was carry over from yesterday," Price said.  "It was about the strike zone."

Order Amazon at right
The Reds were upset with homeplate umpire Manny Gonzalez's ball-strike calls on both sides of the ball.  Jay Bruce argued mildly, then vehemently on a 3-1 pitch that Gonzalez called a strike.  Joey Votto was livid with a called second strike at the plate.  Mike Leake walked five, including three in a row in the second inning that led to a pair of runs.

"There were some near misses, I guess," Price said after Friday's game.

On Saturday Price let the crew know the strike zone was incorrect the night before.

"I  had fair warning that if I continued, I would be thrown out," Price said.  "There were just some things left unsaid."







No comments:

Post a Comment