About Me

My photo
I am a freelance writer. I've covered the Cincinnati Reds, Bengals and others since 1992. I have a background in sales as well. I've sold consumer electronics, advertising and consumer package goods for companies ranging from the now defunct Circuit City to Procter&Gamble. I have worked as a stats operator for Xavier University, the University of Cincinnati, the College of Mount St. Joe and Colerain High School.

Saturday, May 23, 2015

Devin Mesoraco Takes A Step Back Will Not DH




Devin Mesoraco tried desperately to overcome his hip impingement and get behind the plate.

Since April 12, Mesoraco role has been reduced to pinch hitting or designated hitter.

Mesoraco, who signed a four-year extension this winter, tried to squat and get into his catcher's stance in Kansas City, encouraged by the treatment he was getting.

http://www.wiedemannbeer.com/
"It was feeling o.k in Kansas City. I tried to squat and give signs, then get into a ready catching stance. That won't be happening anytime soon. It started to feel like it did in the beginning," Mesoraco said.

The Reds have been playing a man short because of his limited availability.  They were trying to get him through the American League road part of the schedule so they could get the middle-of-the order power hitter some at-bats.

Order Amazon at right


"Mesoraco isn't doing very well," Bryan Price said. "Trying to get in his up and down, catching position and catching stance, didn't go well for him. It's gotten to the point where he can't get the four or five at-bats.  He's available to pinch hit. We won't see Devin for a while."


http://pro-ball.com/
The Reds have not determined whether they will treat the injury or whether he will just have surgery but a decision is coming soon.

"I'm sure we are going to have a meeting with Dr. Kremchek when we get home," Mesoraco said.  "It's very disappointing. I expected to feel better than what I have. It is compounded by feeling worse. At this point, I haven't been able to do a whole lot for the team."



No comments:

Post a Comment