About Me

My photo
I am a freelance writer. I've covered the Cincinnati Reds, Bengals and others since 1992. I have a background in sales as well. I've sold consumer electronics, advertising and consumer package goods for companies ranging from the now defunct Circuit City to Procter&Gamble. I have worked as a stats operator for Xavier University, the University of Cincinnati, the College of Mount St. Joe and Colerain High School.

Saturday, May 23, 2015

Johnny Cueto Scratched For Sunday's Start




Johnny Cueto was scheduled to start against the Cleveland Indians Sunday but has been sore and stiff since his start in Kansas City.

Raisel Iglesias will get the start against the Indians.

http://www.wiedemannbeer.com/
"There is always soreness but this has lingered a little longer," Bryan Price said. "He's been our workhorse and we've asked a lot of him.  We haven't given him the extra day. He pitches later in the game because I trust him.  It's probably fatigue. He could pitch tomorrow if we needed him but right now, we have options."

Cueto is not concerned but admitted to a little fatigue.


Order Amazon at right
"It is like the normal soreness in the elbow," Cueto said through interpreter Tomas Vera. "I don't worry about it. I talked to the trainers and they communicated to the (coaching) staff.  I felt stiff in the start in Kansas City but they did some things and it was alright.  I would pitch tomorrow.  Bryan knows me. He knows I would do it.  Right now, I feel a little tired."


http://pro-ball.com/
Cueto did his normal pre-game workout, long tossing from 100 feet and running poles in the outfield.

He could be plugged back in but more likely will miss just one turn.

No comments:

Post a Comment