About Me

My photo
I am a freelance writer. I've covered the Cincinnati Reds, Bengals and others since 1992. I have a background in sales as well. I've sold consumer electronics, advertising and consumer package goods for companies ranging from the now defunct Circuit City to Procter&Gamble. I have worked as a stats operator for Xavier University, the University of Cincinnati, the College of Mount St. Joe and Colerain High School.

Monday, June 29, 2015

All-Star Thirdbase Race Heats Up For Todd Frazier




Todd Frazier is gaining on St. Louis thirdbaseman Matt Carpenter in the race to be the starting thirdbaseman in the All-Star game to be played at Great American Ball Park in two weeks.

Last week Frazier was about two and a half million votes behind Carpenter as of June 16. With the aid of a campaign by the Reds to stump for the fan vote, Frazier is now just 63,000 votes behind. (6,252,327 - 6,189,347).  Voting ends at 11:59 ET on Thursday July 2.

Frazier is hitting for a .290 average. He is second in the Major Leagues with 25 home runs and fifth with 54 runs scored and 53 RBI.  Frazier hit 21 doubles and one triple in leading the Major Leagues with 47 extra-base hits.

http://www.wiedemannbeer.com/
Carpenter is hitting .279 with eight home runs and 37 RBI. He is tied with Frazier with 21 doubles.

“Well, we want Frazier to start because he deserves it, not just because he’s from Cincinnati," Bryan Price said. "That’s the way the All-Star Game is supposed to be. You earn your way on to the team. Where we get to one person can have 35 votes. I just think the best players should get a spot. With home field advantage being on the line, I don’t necessarily like the format.”

Frazier was critical of the vote when he was behind on July 16 and third in the voting, but the "Vote Frazier" campaign has him enthused about the process and the fan support.

“It's pretty cool. I just found out a couple seconds ago. Exciting. Still got a couple of days left. To see the fans going out there and voting, I’m very proud. Proud to be from Cincinnati,” Frazier said.

http://pro-ball.com/
The city has rallied around him.

“Huge. Huge. I saw ‘Vote Frazier’ at a McDonald’s. I’m getting big around here, especially in the French fry business. I just thank everybody. I think it’s big to see the zoo has my back. You’ve got walruses holding up ‘Vote Frazier’ signs at the aquarium. You’ve got elephants. It’s nice to see that.," Frazier said.

Frazier has been receiving support outside of Cincinnati too.
Order Amazon at right

“It’s awesome. When I first got called up, I just wanted to play baseball and play in the major leagues, trying to make a name for myself and get a position. Now, third base is basically my spot now. It’s a lot of fun being able to come to the ballpark knowing you’re that guy. I’m just trying to help this team out and playing the game the right way. I thank my father for that.," Frazier said.


Professionally edited by ML Schirmer
for proof reading services call
513-240-3120

No comments:

Post a Comment