About Me

My photo
I am a freelance writer. I've covered the Cincinnati Reds, Bengals and others since 1992. I have a background in sales as well. I've sold consumer electronics, advertising and consumer package goods for companies ranging from the now defunct Circuit City to Procter&Gamble. I have worked as a stats operator for Xavier University, the University of Cincinnati, the College of Mount St. Joe and Colerain High School.

Saturday, June 20, 2015

Devin Mesoraco To Have Hip Surgery






Devin Mesoraco will have surgery on his hip in New York on June 29 by Dr. Bryan Kelly.

The hip has limited Mesoraco to pinch hitting and designated hitting roles.  He tried to learn the leftfield position but the pain became too much and surgery was planned.

http://www.wiedemannbeer.com/
"I'm not going to help the team in leftfield if I'm not feeling good," Mesoraco said.

With the hip impingement, both he and the team were hoping that he could contribute without squatting into the catcher's position by pinch hitting or as the designated hitter in American League parks.

"I don't regret not having it earlier and trying to play.  The only thing I would have done differently was not trying to catch in Kansas City when I could help at DH," Mesoraco said. "I was feeling good and was anxious to try it"

http://pro-ball.com/
Mesoraco, who last caught in a game on April 12, was hitting .178 with no home runs.

His experiment in leftfield at Louisville was scrapped when pain became too much.
Order Amazon at right


"The time to do it is now," Mesoraco said. "I will be able to do my normal off season workouts in early November, like I always do."


Professionally edited by ML Schirmer
for proof reading services call
513-240-3120

No comments:

Post a Comment