About Me

My photo
I am a freelance writer. I've covered the Cincinnati Reds, Bengals and others since 1992. I have a background in sales as well. I've sold consumer electronics, advertising and consumer package goods for companies ranging from the now defunct Circuit City to Procter&Gamble. I have worked as a stats operator for Xavier University, the University of Cincinnati, the College of Mount St. Joe and Colerain High School.

Wednesday, September 30, 2015

Tyler Holt Gets First Reds Start






Tyler Holt was sitting at home in Florida after the Columbus Clippers finished their season.

The Clipper's parent club, the Cleveland Indians, designated Holt for assignment to add Adam Moore to its roster.

http://www.wiedemannbeer.com/
"I didn't get called up in September," Holt said. "They told me to go home and wait."

A team has to decide in 10 days whether to put a player on waivers, trade him, release him or ask him to accept assignment to the minor leagues when a player is removed from the 40-man roster.
Order Amazon at right

Holt, the Indians 10th round choice out of Florida State University in 2010, spent part of two seasons with the Indians, splitting time between them and the Clippers. He hit .302 with the Clippers in 101 games with non home runs and 28 RBI. Holt stole 25 bases in 30 attempts and was named the best outfielder in the Indians organization.

The Indians decided to put Holt on waivers and the Reds selected the 26-year old.  Even with expanded rosters the Reds have been strapped for position players. Ryan LaMarre has a pulled hamstring.  Joey Votto is sitting out Wednesday with a sore shoulder.

"They could have told me to take it easy and see you in February," Holt said. "I got lucky. It's hard to describe the feeling. To be in a big league locker room is good for anybody. It is great to be wearing a big league jersey. I got lucky."
http://pro-ball.com/

Holt will start in centerfield for the Reds against the Cubs. He appeared in 45 games for the Indians the last two seasons, hitting .231 with no home runs and two RBI.  Holt had two hits in 20 at bats over nine games this season with Cleveland.

No comments:

Post a Comment